...Our Family...

Monday, February 23, 2009

Waiting

God has stretched my heart today and challenged me to share with you all what I have learned in the waiting BEFORE I learn the outcome. He opened my heart with Zephaniah 3:17-20.

Adoption = waiting! We've been waiting for over 2 years as have the Semlows. It's enough to drive you crazy.

All along I believed I was waiting for our blessing, our child and that, if I could just hold out, the blessing would come and erase all of the "pain" of the waiting. I have waited well and waited horribly at different times in this process, circumstances often dictating my
attitude. Lately, that hasn't been an option. NOTHING, that we can see, has gone well since our first court date. There's little, that we can see, to put our hope in.

We feel prisoners of this wait as our children are prisoners of a political battle in Ethiopia.

What has God stretched me to see- the WAITING IS THE BLESSING, the miracle is right here, not in ET. The miracle is HIS LOVE FOR ME.

If we walk away from this adoption empty handed, oh how devastated we will be. But we will NOT walk away empty-hearted.

My Father has gently rocked me throughout this entire journey. At times I kicked and screamed, others I softly wept and begged, and rarely, gently rested on his breast. But I was ALWAYS in His arms.

Are you waiting for blessing? For revelation? For peace? You are waiting IN HIS ARMS. There's nothing you will face, even losing your child, that He will not rock you through.

Our God is mighty to save, we say this often in reference to adoption. In the waiting I have realized our God is mighty to save US, you and I, in and during and through this waiting.

He is rejoicing over us with singing when we quietly sink into His chest, releasing our dreams and expectations and accepting His arms as what we TRULY NEED.

Can you feel your Jesus rocking you this morning? Can you hear him singing "I love you, this you know for my word tells you so?"

No matter what may come today, my Jesus is singing in my ear and gently rocking this broken child. What a miracle!

Kim

1 comment:

Debi said...

Kim,
Thanks for sharing your heart lessons. You are so right, God has carried you and drawn you close and loved you through the waiting and trusting time. Keep resting in His strong arms, sweet "sister".
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi