...Our Family...

Friday, February 13, 2009

Everyday is Groundhog's Day

My friend Sherry and I have been saying this for weeks. Everyday is Groundhog's day for us. She put it perfectly on her blog and, since we're feeling the same thing, I don't mind stealing one bit!

Everyday...

  • I wake up realizing that only 1 of my 2 children will be home again today.

  • I pray the same prayers asking/begging God to bring our Micah home.

  • I read the same scriptures that I have been clinging to for months.

  • I have the same conversations with friends - "No, no updates."

  • I have the same conversations with acquaintances - "No he's not home yet."

  • I have the same conversations with my family - "I don't know if we can plan that next month, because I don't know when we'll be traveling to Ethiopia."

  • I have the same conversations with my friend SHERRY - "We can't do this anymore - we CAN do this; Maybe the judge will have favor - maybe we'll never get them home; we miss them so much, we miss them so much."

  • I hear the same things from my adoption agency - "Things are looking good... we are hopeful for tomorrow... well maybe next week...."

  • I read the same threads on our adoption Yahoo Group - people paper chasing; people waiting; people receiving referrals; people waiting; people passing court; people waiting; people traveling to bring their children home; people waiting.

  • I have the same battles in mind struggling to take every thought captive and cling to what I know about WHO God is despite my wondering of WHAT God is doing.

  • I feel the same pain in my heart when I look at Micah's pictures and wonder how in the world I can be SO in love with a child I have never met. Add in Sherry's three and my heart is really in the wrong place!

  • I claim the same truths - God is good; God is faithful; God is loving.

  • I cry the same tears that don't solve anything.

  • I go to bed weary again hoping that tomorrow will be different

  • I still choose to BELIEVE .

  • I wake up and realize it's still Groundhog's Day.

    I am praying that one of these days I will get to celebrate the DAY AFTER GROUND HOGS DAY"

I would have to add...
  • I wake up and realize I am in the wrong place because, if home is where the heart is, my home is in Ethiopia with the baby who should have been home in December, who should be in my arms, who has my heart.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Hi Kim and Kulp family,
I continue to pray for you and sweet Micah David. It is so hard in the waiting and trusting time when God does not tell us why and for how long, just wait and know He is God and His timing and ways are perfect. God hears your prayers and sees and will fill your broken hearts. You will dance with joy again.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi