...Our Family...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Afraid of the dark

If I had to paint a picture of this wait, the canvas would be pitch black with tiny specks of gray peering through the darkness. Even those days that are not completely dark are clouded with gray sadness.

Why do we keep going?

"If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." Psalm 139

My FATHER sees in the dark.

Though I am afraid of what is happening to my life, my dreams, my son at this moment, my FATHER has provided a nightlight- His kind and loving word.

I would be lying if I said I always turn it on, I don't. I often sit alone in the dark, crying. But I know it's there, I know HE'S THERE, crying with me.

So, we press on in the dark, believing that one day the light will shine upon us as we gaze into the eyes of our Micah David.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galations 6:9

3 comments:

Debi said...

Hi Kim and family,
Just letting you know that I am continuing to pray for you and little Micah David. God is still so good. He promises us the treasures of darkness,and surely although we cannot see what is ahead, He can and He knows the good things that are planned for you. He is there with you and saves every tear. Your hurt is His hurt. He sees and can fill the emptiness you feel.
In my prayers for you, I have been praying that you would be able to enjoy each day your sweet son that is already home and plan special times with him. I love to see his smile when I go to your blog to check up on you.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Steve and Megan said...

Kim,
Beautiful Post. I'm so glad that God is meeting you through this process and that you two are growing in that intimacy with Him. You are an encouragemen to me!
Love,
Megan

alisa said...

Yes!!! Yes!!! He sees!!

Your son is so handsome & healthy...he is blessed beyond measure to have you!

I look forward to laughing, crying & praising God with you in Branson...with our boys watching, thinking we must be crazy!!!