...Our Family...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gotcha Day- Meeting the HAPPIEST Baby Ever!

Guess who's sleeping soundly, smiling, in  his bed? Even when he sleeps, he smiles. I'm not kidding, he's the happiest baby ever! Not a tear, not a whimper until we tried to take his bottle away. Tank lives up to his reputation! We have so much video of him laughing and talking. He says "Ah Boom" and "dadadadada" which is so unfair! His hair is so long but wound into tight springs by Muluwork. She loves him so!
 
Today was amazing, hard, incredible, sad, happy...you get it, right?! Muluwork, Micah's nanny was crying when we got there and didn't really stop for most of the day. When we got there, she had placed stickers that say "love" all over his face. We were overwhelmed with her love for him. We allowed her to have him for much of the 3 hours we were there and show us how to care for him in the way that she has, the way that has made him so secure and happy. She is a jewel, a sweet 18 year old girl who loves our Micah so much his picture is on her phone. Through tears she made me promise to send pictures and I told her how much she means to Micah. She will always be in our hearts. We were both crying when we left her as we drove away.
 
It was a surreal experience and one I will never forget.
 
We're doing really well but miss Devon like crazy. We're ready to have Micah and Devon together. Tomorrow is the consulate appointment and then Thursday is a free day. Friday we fly home at night. We're so pleased with how this trip has gone. It's a miracle how well we've done and how wonderful its been for us. We can't wait to come home but also to come back!
 
I also read on our yahoo group that the Semlows got a court date NEXT WEEK!!!! God is so good as I was sobbing as I left them today. I have so much love for them in my heart and can't wait to hear that they have passed court. LOVE YOU SHERRY!!! Congrats!
 
On to the notes for families.
 
Edith- F is GORGEOUS, smiley, healthy, has great color, and loves to be held. I held her for a while and kissed on her for as long as I could before she needed to eat. She was dressed in the cutest outfit and sweater and I brought along a surprise to make her extra girly! You're going to love that girl!
 
LA Jaime- B is shy and just learning to walk. She has the softest hair and the sweetest grin but I only saw a few and couldn't get them on camera. She waddled around holding my hand for the longest time. She loves to play with toys and is very quick to let anyone who gets near them know that they are invading her territory. If I could have, I would have taken her home with me!
 
Amy and William- N's just perfect for your family. His curls and smile are the sweetest and he runs well. The outfit you sent with Megan fit perfectly and man does he look great in blue!
 
Low's- B is so sweet, but so serious and a bit shy! He warmed up once I gave him the bubbles I brought him! I got 1 smile out of him but not on camera. He was scared of the bubbles but eventually started to play. We have great video, not that great pictures. He's one of a kind, dark and GORGEOUS just like our Micah. His belly is so sweet and I rubbed it over and over again!
 
Jacksons- Your little man was sleeping while I was there, so stinking sweet! I have a great sleeping shot but Rovangs got great photos for you. He's healthy and precious.
 
Sherry- YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! Your 3 are so fun and so ready to come home. Josiah is looking better but you can tell that he is not feeling great. He didn't say much but was VERY vocal when someone tried to take the spiderman car I brought him. Let me tell you, he knows how to scare loiterers off! He loved the glasses and made me open the candy immediately. His curls are so soft and he's a joy. Isaiah was a bit shy with me until I showed him the car and he saw the gun you sent. We have great video of him shooting some of the kids :-) He's BUSY and happy, all over the place and knows how to play. Lydia is a gem. She's so outgoing and smiley. I just adore her beyond words. She loved all her gifts and carried them around for the rest of the day. She's smiley and focused on what she wants. She ate her skittles slowly, showing me every bite. I was chewing gum so she mimicked me and chewed her skittles just like gum. She is adorable and her CURLS are growing back! They are gorgeous and soft. You're going to DIE for her belly!
 
 

5 comments:

Kari said...

Your post makes me weep tears of joy!! You know how incredible it is to receive words of love about our children waiting to come home. Your YG friends will be sooooooo blessed & grateful!! WOW!!
You are a treasure, Kim K!!
Love you lots
Praying you ALL home!
xoxo

becca lacock said...

praise the LORD! :) i am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Kim

I just want you to know what your messages to me over the past two days have meant. That you could see my baby yesterday and hold her and kiss her today makes my heart SO VERY HAPPY! I am so grateful to you for caring about my baby and can hardly wait until you are safely home. I will be praying for you daily and for Devon and Micah until you are all one happy family together under one roof!

All the best and many thanks
Edith K - AWAA YG

Debi said...

Kim,
My heart rejoices with you on this special day. I pray the rest of these sweet ones will be united with their families soon.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Jaime said...

ooohhhh, i love reading every word!! thank you friend!! Godspeed home!