...Our Family...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's done is done~ So why can't I stop crying?

No one in our house slept well last night.

I should have known yesterday wasn't the day when we all slept so wonderfully Sunday night! We're exhausted in more ways than one. We so want to keep learning what God has for us in this end stage of the journey but our hearts and minds are too tired and wrapped up in the baby.

Chad has gone hunting for the last 2 days and managed to successfully find and (you know) a deer. I can't decide if this is him taking advantage of our last few days without 2 kids or an excuse to get him out of the house (both, perhaps!).

His wife cries at the drop of a hat lately (yes, I am crying right now!) which I am sure is not much fun to be around. This morning sweet Devon asked for a smoothie, which I made for him. When he wouldn't drink it, I immediately started crying, over a strawberry (which should have been orange) smoothie! Poor boys, I am trying!!!

Have I mentioned how ready we are to be AFRICA?

We are pretty sure today is the day. As I type this I am bawling out of fear, joy, apprehension, hope, etc. This is by far the hardest, most life changing, spiritually gut wrenching choice we have ever made.

I wish I already had news for you...trust me!

1 comment:

kim said...

Kim

May the God of peace rest upon you this morning!!! He knows your heart and knows exactly where you are. He knows the perfect time for you to be in Africa my friend. Hang in there!!!! You can do it - just a little longer and you will be bringing your little one home!!!! We are praying for you all this morning.

Kim