...Our Family...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Explanation

So, here's what happened. Micah David is from an orphanage in Awassa, 4 hours South of Addis. They didn't have their end of the paperwork together. So, we didn't pass court. The judge wouldn't even give us a new court date. The earliest we could go is February.

We are heartbroken for us and for our son who is being held in a paper prison with no release in sight.

At this point, we are at the mercy of our social worker, Duni, who will be moving to Africa this week to work on our cases from Addis. She has promised me to work tirelessly with the orphanage Micah David is from to help us to pass in January. We are looking towards January 20th as our court date but no promises.

I need to go to bed. I am emotionally and physicall exhausted. I am trying to remember that I have another little boy to care for right here in my house right now. That needs to be my focus.

Please pray for us. We need healing and grace this day and in the days to come.

Kim

1 comment:

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Oh Kim,
I know God will give you that grace in the days to come, but it still hurts..please let us know if we can do anything!