...Our Family...

Monday, December 29, 2008

To My Micah

Sweet baby man,
How can I begin to tell you what you have meant in my life over the past years. You begun as a whisper in my heart that grew louder and louder. " I felt God tugging me towards you, not knowing who you were but that you WERE.

This has been the longest, most exhausting journey of my life. I am at times overjoyed, at times broken at the empty space in my arms, the lack in my home, the longing in my soul for you. Do you dream of me the way I dream of you? Do you hear my voice in every breath the way I hear yours? 

This December has been so long, so loud because of the silence. The voices that fill this house are lacking in one, a silent child who fills each corner and yet none. Our heavenly Father sees all of your smiles, takes snapshots in HIS book. I cannot wipe your tears, but your Great Daddy places each in His bottle. 

Micah, I have shed my skin for you, the skin of pride and faithlessnes, the skin of sorrow for a skin of hope. I am becomming a new heart, full of faith and a willingness to follow a God who has led me down a winding and beautiful path. Each night, I raise my hands and plead for you, not just for you to come home, but for your spirit to LONG for us as we long for you. For your hear to long for your Lord as our hearts do. 

The blessings, my dear son, are in the pain. The joy, sweet angel, is in the sorrow. That we will see your life SAVED in true, physical form is more than a blessing. This is the hope we all long for and dream of, our lives saved by His grace. A God who tied a string to the heart of a mother in Pennsylvania to the heart of a starving child in Ethiopia. This cord will never snap, dear son, for it has been knotted by God with a bow of everlasting love.

You are a miracle child and you have changed us all.  

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you Kimberly... I can be so dingy sometimes!!!!

Jaime said...

beautiful kim.