...Our Family...

Monday, December 22, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!

So, as I was typing my email below, Becky Burk posted a HUGE entry that included much about Micah and his case. Let me tell you, we owe that girl a major "thank you" and more than a few hugs.
First, the paperwork!! "While we were at lunch I asked Duni about E*** (the orphanage that messed up our paperwork) and the Kulp's and Semlow's court cases. She told me that she actually sent some America World staff down to Awassa and they are staying there to go through all of the paperwork with the orphanage to make sure that they have everything done properly by court! I know this bit of info put my heart at ease and I hope it does the same for you guys. I stressed Kim and Sherrie just how devastated you guys were and she is WELL aware that this is unacceptable. I know she felt terrible already but I really make it a point to say how devastating it is to know that failed court can add 3 months onto a wait time."
So, it sounds like there is staff IN AWASSA until the problems are fixed. HOORAY!!! I feel really confident that we will pass on January 20th.

Second, Micah's Weight (yes, my girl put him on a scale! I LOVE her!):
"Kim, I weighed Micah and he weighs *** kilograms so what ever *** X 2.2 = is his weight."

I can't post his actual weight, however, I can tell you HE's AN OFFICIAL CHUB! He's also officially on the charts! Keep eating little man. We LOVE fat babies!

Third, and best for my heart: "We kept Micah with us as much as possible. He actually cried when Michael put him down b/c we had to leave ;0) We would get quick little smiles out of him but once you show him the camera he would get serious again and stop smiling. So I think it's a camera thing and not a personality thing. Granted he wasn't giggling, he would still smile. He doesn't seem to have changed much physically (meaning since our last round of photos). I played him your card with the message but will have to take pics of him in his Christmas outfit tomorrow b/c we ran out of time. He is held often by the nannies (he and Ezra have the same main nanny."

Just to know that my dear friends held Micah all day warms my heart so much. I dearly love the Burks and can't wait for Ezra and Micah to be great friends!

So, now I must go and try to get work done after all of this great news. I felt great joy for the Burks earlier today and now feel great joy BECAUSE of them. What good friends.!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A VERY Blessed Christmas to you Chad, Kim Devon and Micah! We sent you a card but it came back. Did you move? Merry Christmas! George and John