...Our Family...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Seriously?

I keep thinking of that Gray's Anatomy add where the characters keep repeating, with extreme aggravation, "Seriously!?!"

That's how we feel. We've been on this journey for over 18 months now. The estimated time when we started was 6-12 months. We're at 18. Seriously?!?

We have not received an update regarding Micah in what seems like forever and are feeling so down and detached from our son. It's unexpected and frustrating. It's been 4 weeks on Friday. Seriously?!?

We found out recently that ALL families, except us and 1 other family, received at least 2 pictures upon referral. We have been staring at ONE. That's right, I said ONE. Seriously!?!

Our agency refuses to break down our in country costs for us. There's one big, let's be real HUGE, number for in country costs with no explanation and no hope of appeal. SERIOUSLY?!?

We are WAITING on so MUCH and in control of NOTHING.

SERIOUSLY?!?

Our friends and family are so OVER this process that there's really no one to talk to. SERIOUSLY! If we voice our frustration, we're either not being faithful or too dramatic. If we hold it in our marriage and family life begins to feel the strain like a submarine filling with water. Our nuts and bolts are shooting every which way. SERIOUSLY!!!

There's obviously much to pray for, including our attitudes
.

I know, I know, God is in control and, as Pastor Mel would say, I'm just being stupid in my non- sovereign, stubborn, human way. You don't need to point it out. I know I couldn't do better even if I were God, which I am not. But, SERIOUSLY?!? :0)

1 comment:

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Kim,
I can identify completely with how you are feeling! Please don't beat yourself up over your feelings. But do take them to the Lord and ask him to show you what he would have for you! Hang in there...you are almost "done"!! What a great blessing awaits you!!