...Our Family...

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Other Happenings!




Though it may not seem like it by reading this blog, we do have other things to do besides wait on our referral! ;0) This weekend was crazy as most of my family was in town visiting for my Father's 50th birthday so I haven't posted in a while.

Today was Devon's first day of preschool! He did wonderfully, it was me who was crying! He wore his favorite red shirt with the frog on the front and dark jean shorts (in case of an accident ;0). We are blessed in that his best friend from the neighborhood, Brady, is the same class. The boys were too cute together! Devon continually wants to hold Brady's hand, which Brady doesn't like much. Brady is more of a high-fiver while Devon is a kiss-on-the-lips kind of kid!

They both seemed to love their class. Devon came home talking about snack time, what else! His teacher is an angel and was quick to tell me "he did fine" when I picked him up. He was STARVING when we got home and drank an entire juice box in 10 seconds flat. A bi-product of playing, perhaps?

After school, he refused to take off his Diego "pack-pack" even when he had to use the potty! What a funny kid he has become. He did need a large lunch and a few cuddles on the couch once we got home before he was ready to go again.

As I was walking to my car after leaving him with his class, I couldn't help but flash back to the nurses office at Mercer County Hospital and see the little angel that was wheeled in to meet his parents for the first time. He was so precious, quiet, sleepy, swaddled, and small! Now, the same little angel is going to school all by himself like a big boy. This just brings tears to my eyes.

What an amazing gift children are! I have the privilege of being his mother and watching him grow to be the man that God wants Him to be. I feel like today was the first step on the staircase to letting him go.

Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! What a handsome little guy! Blessings to you and your little man,
Alecia
www.pinkycakes.com

Anonymous said...

how cute is he! i can't believe he's going to school! thanks for sharing this precious moment.