...Our Family...

Friday, September 19, 2008

I HEART TARGET but have the Waiting Blues!

Hello Dear Friends and Family,
So, the waiting has been agonizing this week. There have been NO boy referrals in almost 3 weeks. While I know we should be in this month's group of referrals if the normal 10 come, I am starting to lose hope that it will actually happen. If we don't hear this month we are almost certain that we will not travel until January. I admit this would be heartbreaking for me as I really want to celebrate Christmas as a complete family.

Please pray that I would have peace about God's timing in this and that I will be able to focus on being content where I am right now. What's scary is once we see his face, the real waiting will start!

On another note, I hit the JACKPOT at our local Target yesterday. For 30$ I was able to get over 100 notebooks, bags, foam puzzles, books, gloves, necklaces, etc. for only .25$ each! Chad's response was "you know we have to pack all of that don't you?" ;0) Yes, I know, but I can't help myself. I don't care if I wear the same 2 shirts and 2 pair of pants for a week as long as I can put a smile on the face of an orphan in Africa.

Here's what we still need:
  • Bibs, crib sheets, blankets
  • Diapers, Formula, Wipes, etc.
  • Baby medicines including Tylenol, Motrin, anti-fungal creams, anti-yeast creams, cough syrup, etc.
  • Clothing including sleepers sizes 0-25 months, SHOES for ages 2-12, SOCKS for babies and toddlers, booties, etc.
  • SCRUBS for nannies and nurses
  • CROC style shoes for Nannies sizes 7-11 Women's
I'd love to see us bless the kids and transitional home in ET with 3 bags FULL of donations. Will you help?

Kim

No comments: