...Our Family...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life Amidst the Vomit

So, Devon has been puking every night, in the middle of the night, for the past 3 nights. Of course he couldn't just vomit in the daytime like normal children. No, my little bundle of joy likes to be special in every way ;0)

Today, after my MIL GRACIOUSLY agreed to watch Devon so I could go teach, I came home to a joyfully adamant child. Over and over again my son asked me if he could "juice the alligator." "Mommy, I get some more alligator?" "Mommy, juice the alligator please!" The more he said it, the harder I laughed. Well, this really made him angry. Not only was I NOT juicing the alligator (?) I was laughing at his frustration. It is SO tough to be a 3 year old!

After about an hour I figured it out. Devon refuses to drink Pedialite (I swear he has medicine radar) so we have been giving him GATORADE! When I really thought about it, Gatorade certainly does sound like Alligator Juice to a three year old's ears.

Ah, I love being a Mommy. Vomit, no sleep, alligator juice and all!

No comments: