...Our Family...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

What I'm STILL Waiting For...

I am so blessed, yet still waiting. So much has been received, so much blessing. But, still, the waiting remains. Why? What could it be inside my heart that does not feel at home yet? Where is this unsettling coming from? What am I waiting for?

For my baby to choose me over a bottle...
For the shadow of his other mommies to fade...
For my other baby's diagnosis and therapies to start...
For a vacation...
For the endless poopy diaper changes to end...
For healing from the loss of so much time with Micah Moo...
For sleep that lasts longer than 4 hours...
For a heart that desires to serve all three people without wearing out...
For my weekly phone call from SHERRY
For SHERRY to move next door so that I don't have to do this all alone...
For Devon to start summer camp next week...
For a shower that includes washing, shaving, relaxing!!!
For those I love the most to love me just as I am, nothing more and nothing less...
To love other just as they are, nothing more and nothing less...
To be a mother who doesn't yell...
To be a mother who says the right thing...
To be a mother and wife who doesn't say as much as I do...
Perfection... ;0)
For a Canon Rebel Xti...
For Des** Low to pass court...
For the next heartbreak to begin calling my heart to action...
For my baby girl...

For Jesus...that's really what I'm waiting for. For a life without tears, without struggle, with out the need for adoption.

For peace that is not fleeting.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love you just the way you are! And AMEN to poopy diapers ending. And most of ALL for Jesus - come quickly!!!!

BTW - I miss getting voice msgs from you! Leave me one now and them. (And you might be surprised, I might be able to pick up sometime.)

alisa said...

I ditto many of your thoughts...I realize most things simply take time...and, inspite of the precious hope that carries us forward, the waiting still hurts sometimes.