...Our Family...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Amazing Blessings- We Might Be OK After All!!

Some AMAZING changes and blessings from Devon...
  • Giving Brother a new toy instead of leveling him and stealing it from his hand.
  • "Come here Brother. You can touch my chair now!!"
  • "Good MORNING Brother! You can have some blue cereal with me."
  • "Let's go to Chick-Fil-A. Can brother come too?"
  • Holding Brother's hand in the car to help him sleep.
  • Feeding Brother his "ba-ba" on the couch.
  • Protecting Brother (from nothing really but it's important none the less!) at Annie's party.
  • "Come on Brother DUDE, let's go for a ride!!" in Annie and Luke's Jeep.
  • "Can Brother sleep with me, please, Mommy?"
  • Talking about his feelings and anger towards sharing.

Some AMAZING changes and blessings from Micah...

  • Reaching for Mommy when someone else holds him.
  • Crying out "mamamamama" when he's hurt or angry.
  • Pulling up to a stand!
  • First steps with Dada holding his hands.
  • Smiley and laughy at his big brother.
  • LOVES our family favorite, "So You Think You Can Dance" as much as we do.
  • Dancing to "Boom Boom Pow" with Devon.
  • First time in nursery, no TEARS but lots of happy smiles when Mommy returned.

Some AMAZING changes and blessings for/within us...

  • Our first post-Africa date with friends Becca and Steve, SO FUN!
  • Courageously letting go of attachment fears and parenting with understanding, not fear.
  • Gaining self-control over our frustration at 2 am.
  • Laughing about our lack of free/quality time instead of crying about it!
  • Strategizing about sleep and food issues as a TEAM.
  • Camping as a family with great friends.
  • Forgiveness, FORgiveness, FORGIVEness, FORGIVENESS!!
  • Taking hold of new mercies every day.

Some AMAZING blessings from others to US...

  • A wonderful Bible Study for us both with our church friends.
  • Great music on the radio that reminds me to take hold of grace and choose love.
  • A 30 MINUTE phone call with my best girl SHERRY, boy do we miss those days!
  • Great sermons that CHALLENGE the heck out of us (THAT Mark Fodale).
  • A life-changing scone recipe (thanks Mama Kari ;0)
  • 100$ from Grams for a new stroller.
  • A family vacation with my sweet sister and gorgeous nieces at the end of the summer to look forward to.
  • BURTUKAN DELFOSSE (an Infantia baby) PASSING COURT (we fell IN LOVE with this sweetie in ET!)
  • A trip to see Ashley at the end of July to look forward to.
  • A fixed washer, car, refrigerator. I have the HANDIEST HUNK in the world.

Psalm 30

11You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;

you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

12that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.

O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

7 comments:

Sherry said...

I cried when I got to the line about us getting in a 30 minute call. I MISS YOU INCREDIBLY!!! As I type this, I think about a post I did from ET on "Our Lives Will Never Be The Same". In some ways that is good, but in others (like my talks with you) I REALLY, REALLY miss my "old" life. Thank you for being so understanding and not feeling like I'm "ditching" you. This season will not be forever. And you ARE an integral part of this season for me, even if it's just listening to voice msgs from you on my phone saying you miss me. :) I SO wish you were going to the Branson reunion! We'll have to plan our own in a few months. I LOVE YOU my dear friend!!

Jaime said...

Woooohoooo! So happy for you. I wanted to say on the phone today (but i couldn't get it out) that i remembered this morning you and sherry and your painful wait...and rejoice that God enabled you to fight for your kids, and mine! THANK YOU!!

Kari said...

Love you!!! Mama Bear loves hearing your updates & miracle news:)
xoxo

The Gang's Momma! said...

Amazing Grace! How great to read all the good things God is doing. Amazing indeed :)

Debi said...

Kim,
Rejoicing with you over the amazing goodness of God. He alone does great things and makes us glad.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Jackie said...

kim i so enjoy your blog! my son is from the same orphanage as micah. we are currently waiting for our 3rd court date! i always want to write and say thank you for not giving up on our children! :) so here it is! :):) thank you. god bless you!!

Davey said...

Not true! Your mom has the handiest hunk....ME.