...Our Family...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Today's The Day

Last night I prayed this prayer for Micah's court appointment and Jadyn Sapp's final court date.

Father,
These are YOUR children. You are the Father of the fatherless. Your mighty right hand has saved your people from slavery, led them in the wilderness, rebuked, comforted, saved, and was finally nailed to cross for us all.

USE YOUR HANDS to melt and mold and pierce the heart of the judge tomorrow for YOUR CHILDREN. We have laid them on the altar of your grace and mercy time and time again, and time and time again we have been rebuffed. 3 times now, as Moses before Pharaoh, we have requested that they be released. Now is the time to ACT, to work with your mighty right hand and release our children. We do not ask this from our own righteousness but because of your grace and mercy, because your son loves us and told us to ask.

I don't know why we have been chosen to carry these children, to walk this road of burden and affliction, or even why you love us but you have been faithful throughout. Prove yourself faithful evermore tomorrow by saving our children by your mighty right hand. It is YOU who have saves. It is YOU who redeems. REDEEM! It is YOU who deserve the glory and honor for the lives of your chosen ones. To you alone be all honor and glory and praise.

Father, I admit that I am so weary and my flesh wants to give up. I don't think I can take one more day of separation from my son. I don't think I can take one more closed door, one more piece of bad news, one more worldly problem holding me back from the son of my heart. How many times have I cried out to you only to hear silence? I have remembered you of OLD as you command but need you in the PRESENT TODAY.

I don't understand why your justice has taken so long for these children. I don't understand why equity has not applied to them until now, why they have been set apart and dealt so harshly with by this world. But you do. You are a God of justice, righteousness, and equity. Deal EQUITABLY with our children tomorrow. Show your justice to all through Jadyn and Micah.

I confess that I fear tomorrow. I fear the decisions of man. I fear bad news and heartache and time. I know I am not alone in this. Cover our fears with your right hand and hide us in the cleft of YOU as YOU are our rock eternal.

I will bless your name this day, Father, as I have no other choice. There is no where else to turn, nothing else to say, no Word yet to read. This is my purpose and I will walk it. Just give me the grace for each step.

Amen."

Today, I am tired in so many ways. I have nothing left to offer as I have laid my life and the life of my son on the altar. I have nothing left to pray as I have said it all.

The only words I have left are DEAL GRACIOUSLY.

No comments: