...Our Family...

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Peace...Sweet Peace...

Yesterday I prayed this over and over again:
Psalm 143
1 O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief

7 Answer me quickly, O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

While yesterday was a day of panic and sadness, this morning brought word of God's unfailing LOVE for me and for our precious Micah David in the form of peace. My heart was at peace. I can't explain it other than to say I no longer fear court (at least in this moment!).

Today we were told that Micah's paperwork in in order and our agency has "every indication and belief that we will pass court." This news came AFTER the peace in my heart.

Psalm 144: I will sing a new song to you O God..." Today we are singing praises of peace to God, not because we are SURE we are going to pass court, but because we are SURE that whatever comes our God will carry us through. We are BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN AND DESPERATE, exactly where the Lord wants us.


And we are finally at peace...sweet peace.



2 comments:

kristin said...

You are so sweet! Thank you so so much!

Amber said...

praying for a successful court date so you can go hold that little boy!!!