...Our Family...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What Can You Do?

Hey All~
Yesterday was an very slow day for all of us in the Ethiopia program and the Kulp family in particular! After some bad news regarding a friend's health, the death of a child in our neighborhood, and no referrals, I went to bed quite discouraged about what God is doing here on earth and in my life. I was beginning to question whether we have the stamina to endure all that God has planned for us in the future both related to and outside of this adoption.

And then I read this in Isaiah Chapter 1-

17 "Learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.
18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool."
God gently reminded me that we are heeding a call that he makes not once, not twice, but 60 times in His word- to defend the cause of the fatherless. I was encouraged, not from a place of pride, but from a place of reverence and thankfulness. I am TRULY thankful that God chose us for the cause of adoption.
And then it occurred to me that, yet again, I was thinking only of myself! God's word applies to us all. God chose us ALL for this cause.
If you want to find out more about this cause and how you can get involved, click the "Red Letters Campaign" link to the right of the screen. But I warn you, you better be prepared to be moved and motivated!
Much Love,
Kim

No comments: