...Our Family...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hello Friends, Family, and Onlookers!

This is my first entry…oohs and ahhs please. ;0) Why did we start this blog you might be asking (certainly it’s not because I have extra time on my hands!). Well, there are two reasons really. The first reason is that we wanted to be able to communicate information related to our adoption to friends and family without the endless emails. Second, it’s a great way to connect with those within the adoption community that we don’t know yet. I have secretly been jealous of all of the beautiful blogs that I have been reading for many months during our "waiting season."

So, here we go!

Now, why “The Mountain View?” Well, many of you might recognize the line “you have to walk the rocks to see the mountain view” from one of my favorite Caedmon’s Call songs. This has proved true time and time again in our lives. God has brought us through the rocks of tragedy, disappointment, frustration, and general discontentedness repeatedly only to reveal to us a mountain view that is more beautiful and sanctifying than we could have imagined. In each journey, he has also revealed the agonizing beauty and necessity of each rock.

So, our family is continually trying to keep our focus on the mountain view ahead while praising and thanking God for the rocks at our feet!
More is forthcoming, I promise!

No comments: