...Our Family...

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Million Questions and No Answers.

Hey All,
Well, much to my chagrin, it's been completely quiet as referrals go in the past week. So, I don't have much to report in that area. We're still 7 or 8 on the list as far as we know.

I can tell you that Chad has begun to stud out the basement (no, he is not filling it with young firefighters!) so that we can move forward with finishing Jackson-Kellan-Micah-David's room. We've decided not to decorate until we have a picture in our hands. The wait is hard enough, staring at a fully decorated nursery might just push me over the edge. ;0)

I found the cutest robeez for him this weekend and didn't buy them as a wise friend reminded me that we don't know how old he will be yet. THAT IS KILLING ME. The wait I can handle. But not knowing what he will look like, how old he will be, how long he has been at the orphanage, etc. is really tough.

I want to do what all expecting mother's do, buy clothing and books, decorate, etc. But, I can't as I am bound (hog-tied, really) by my lack of knowledge. I am beginning to get a headache from all of the questions swirling around in my head about him; his size, his age, his eyes, his health...the list goes on and on.

I am trying to repeat the verse "For I know the plans I have for you..." in my head as a comfort, as an answer for all of my questions. It's difficult but we must rest in the fact that Our Father knows the answers to all of our questions and will reveal them in His timing.

So, I'm still waiting, but trying harder now not to have as many questions.

Kim

No comments: