...Our Family...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ignorance is NOT BLISS!!!!

I awoke today with such anticipation! Today the Terwilligers are holding Micah, praying over him, giving him gifts from us, his waiting family. (I checked their blog, nothing to report yet.) I am so excited to see him in BLUE!

But now, I am intensely jealous!
I am happy to have the connection to him, but want to scream "Put down my baby! You can't hold him first, I'm his mother!!!" Then I think "No, hold him, kiss him, love on him for me!" Needless to say I feel a bit bipolar!

We are both struggling W~A~I~T~I~N~G!


It's so hard to push forward with your eyes on the prize when
you just want to bury your head in the sand. This is what I read this
morning, a word of encouragement from the author of Adoption!

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I
called you. I said 'You are my servant' I have chosen you and have not
rejected you. So, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed
for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold
you with my righteousness." Isaiah 41: 8-10

Our father is upholding us. He has chosen us and called our
children from afar. He promises to strengthen us if we ask!


Father, strengthen us as we wait for the child you have
chosen for us. This wait is SO HARD! We don't see with your eyes or
think with your thoughts. Help us to lean on you as you uphold us, not
fight against you. Give us the strength and trust we need to get
through this day. THANK YOU for choosing us, God of old. We praise you
for promising to never leave us, for giving us so many reasons not to
fear. Thank you, Father for our children, some known, some unknown.
Strengthen them as they wait to be united with us. Bind our hearts
together and uphold us.

Amen

No comments: