...Our Family...

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Books I'm Reading (says MUCH about our life!!!)

I don't have time to tell you all that's going on in our life, so I thought I would give you a list of what I am reading. This will tell you much more than I have energy to tell you!

  • The Psalms- This book has meant so much to me this year. I can't get enough of our Father's amazing poetry, so full of love, heartache, pain, hope, relief, comfort, and praise!

  • "Why ADHD Doesn't Mean Disaster"- SUCH A GREAT BOOK! This is requiring a paradigm shift in my thinking in such a great way. ADHD does not have to be a disability, but rather a DIVIDEND. We are all made in God's image for His purposes. This book is going to help us figure out how to maximize the potential of our dashing, dreaming D.

  • "Parenting the Spirited Child"- Yeah, that should be self explanatory. ;0)

  • "Toddler Adoption"- We thought we were bringing home an infant. God had other plans. I obviously have catching up to do.

  • "Good Night, Sleep Tight"- No, he's not sleeping through the night yet. ;-) A "how to get your kid to sleep without killing yourself" manual. So far it's working pretty well.

  • "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"- because I re-read The Half-Blood Prince and couldn't get enough, again.

  • "A Wife After God's Own Heart"- This one I have read before. I needed a refresher. Somewhere between poopy diapers, Popsicle kisses, and sleepless nights I forgot about my #1 man. What can I say, I'm working on it, hence the book.

2 comments:

Ray and Lisa said...

Kim, Let me know how "Good Night Sleep Tight" works for you. I just started reading that book this week. We're going on vacation this weekend to visit family and staying in 2-3 different places. But we're going to start the "shuffle" when we get back. I think Jonas is finally ready for it. He's slept through the night in his own room a few times now, but it's not consistent. But he's finally over the major fear of being alone. I wish I had read this book sooner though, because it seems like it would have been a good way to calm the fear sooner. Sorry to ramble. Seriously though, let me know how it goes! I might check in with you when we start it.

Bethany Taylor said...

I love seeing what others are reading. Looks like a good list.